Multiple rounds of research, Q&A and investor ecosystems are constantly looking for the next Silicon Valley. As I sit here in a Starbucks cafe in London off Mayfair and off a meeting with a very interesting tech team I thought about putting this into a quick perspective.
The most important API is social and it’s the ability to take risks.
1. Common Joe on the street willing to invest $10,000 in a couple of folks just because if the cool idea.
2. Quit my undergrad or Phd and start a company.
3. Leading CXOs goes works for two guys in startup mode in a room.
4. Investors backing people with no plans, just ideas.
5. Bigger the idea, the more fun it is.
6. Failure is the Success.
7. Success is the next ecosystem of all of the above.
8. Government (especially the military) investor in ideas that are one to two decades ahead
Silicon Valley or Silicon Wadi in Israel. The same.
Then there are the rest where the API is risk mitigation.
1. Invest in real-estate
2 Invest in Gold
3. Invest in Fixed Deposits
4. Debt is great
5. The past is the the vocabulary
6. Government is the employer
Then the results speak for themselves.
Based on this can you look for the next cluster that is leading creative destruction? These characteristics may help after all Social-risk taking is the key API.
TALPIOT, NSA, UNIT 8200, PENTAGON, ET AL, ENGINE OF GLOBAL INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP!
JOB CREATION, INNOVATION & PEACE? WE NEED THE MILITARY, DARPA, NASA, TALPIOT, INQTEL, STANFORD, MIT?https://gerardjrego.com/2013/09/20/job-creation-innovation-peace-we-need-the-military-darpa-nasa-talpiot-inqtel-stanford-mit/
http://startupnationbook.com (“START-UP NATION addresses the trillion dollar question: How is it that Israel – a country of 7.1 million, only 60 years old, surrounded by enemies, in a constant state of war since its founding, with no natural resources—produces more start-up companies than large, peaceful,and stable nations like Japan, China, India, Korea, Canada, and the UK? How is it that Israel has, per person, attracted over twice as much venture capital investment as the US and thirty times more than Europe?”)
‘The Entrepreneurial State’: Apple Didn’t Build Your iPhone; Your Taxes Did
From Robot Soldiers To Driverless Cars, DARPA Advances Innovation
Presentation: “Where Good Technologies Come From”
This is the API. It’s not tech. It’s social.