Adding a few slides from my presentation yesterday. Just the generic bullets below. Specific detail is private and proprietary.
1. All current opportunities just beginning, implosion in 2014 from business models that don’t capture and unlock value
2. Key Markets, “Fragmented”
3. Upstream to Downstream connect wins (Ex: iTunes/Appstore)
4. Networked Sensors (MASINT/OSINT/SIGINT/GEOINT/CYBINT) that commoditize “Data into IP based marketplaces that convert Data to Analytics to “Insights” investing opportunities as business models, rest commoditized
5. Downstream captures and creates value (point (3) above)
6. Hyper is the key –
•Discovery to Commerce
7. Premium for Insights in Mass Personalization – Predictive, Real-Time & Post-event
It’s very interesting to see how the current companies are being disrupted and who will be left standing. This is a very good fundamental investing and startup opportunity as Networked Sensors commoditized Data to Intelligence cycle and IP in algorithms via HUMINT enable economies of scale and scope for the most serving needs that are large billion dollar markets. This is a disruptive cycle. We are working in this space.
Another example of how retailers BAM as well as online are working to solve the Mass Personalization at the First Mile (Last Mile in their DNA) challenge.
Defense clusters will see the real-winners, USA, UK, Israel, France, Swede, etc. Why? Been doing this for the last 70 years!
INSIGHT FROM ANALYTICS – A “HYPERLOCAL SOCIAL COMMERCE MARKETPLACE”? LIVE BUSINESS PLAN!
- Mass Personalization – Future of eCommerce and Manufacturing (gerardjrego.com)
- 12 healthcare industry trends driving Cardinal Health’s investment and innovation strategy (medcitynews.com)
- Russia and NATO develop new ‘STANDEX’ crowd-screening sensors (terminalx.org)
- Does sensor size matter? (firstframephotography.wordpress.com)
- Startups mine hyperlocal information for global insights (seattletimes.com)
- Sensoria Smart Socks Foot-On: A Fitness Device to Improve Your Running (laptopmag.com)
- INTELLIGENCE: The Superior Wisdom Of The Crowd (strategypage.com)
- People Power is the Silicon Valley startup behind your future smart house (mysecuritysign.com)
- Surveillance Security for Your Retail Small Business (staples.com)
- With a Trillion Sensors, the Internet of Things Would Be the “Biggest Business in the History of Electronics” (motherboard.vice.com)